- Employee safety check-ins for those working alone
- Monitoring night shifts to ensure employee alertness
- Legislative compliance for working alone regulations
- Verification of employee well-being and safety on the job beyond legislative requirements
- Integration with systems like AlayaCare, Q360, NetSuite, etc.
Existing lone worker solutions for employee check-ins and safety verification can be costly and complex, requiring expensive applications and licenses.
Rubi Echo offers a customizable workflow for employee check-ins and safety verification via text messaging. It integrates with systems like AlayaCare, Q360, and Netsuite using Twilio for notifications. The solution provides flexible scheduling, prompt responses, and configurable actions without the need for additional apps.
Rubi Echo seamlessly integrates with AlayaCare, leveraging its scheduling capabilities and tagging mechanism to identify schedules that require check-ins. This integration simplifies the setup process and reduces the need for duplicate data entry and management of schedules and contact information.
Key Features and Functionality
- Flexible Scheduling: The solution offers flexible scheduling options, allowing check-ins at specified intervals based on the duration of shifts. Users can define rules such as checking in every few hours or setting start times and offsets.
- Check-In Process: Based on predefined schedules and qualifications, employees receive periodic check-in requests via text message. They can respond with a "1" to indicate they are okay or a "2" if they require assistance.
- Configurable Escalation Process: If an employee fails to respond within a specified timeout period, Rubi Echo initiates an escalation process. This can involve calling the employee's phone or the location where they are working, followed by additional notifications to designated personnel via email, SMS, or integration with collaboration tools like Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Multiple Communication Channels: The solution leverages technologies such as Twilio to send SMS messages and make phone calls for check-ins. Communication can be established directly with the employee or the location where they are working.
- HTTP Requests as Escalation Path: Rubi Echo supports standard HTTP requests, enabling integration with smart systems that can perform additional actions, such as turning lights on/off in the office.
- Legislative Compliance and Use Cases: Rubi Echo can fulfill legislative requirements for ensuring the safety of lone workers. It is also adaptable to various use cases, including home care applications, shift monitoring, and verifications, and integration with systems like AlayaCare, Q360, and Netsuite.